Become a Surgical Technologist in 16 Weeks
Get the knowledge and skills to launch your career as a surgical technologist, working alongside doctor’s, nurses, and other healthcare professionals during medical procedures.
- Prepare the operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment
- Sterilize and arrange surgical instruments for use in the procedure
- Assist the surgical team by passing instruments and supplies during surgery
- Monitor the patient’s vital signs during surgery and report any abnormalities
- Keep accurate records of the surgical procedure, including the use of instruments and supplies
- Dispose of used materials and equipment according to established guidelines
- Ensure that the operating room is clean and well-maintained after each surgery
About the Surgical Technologist Bootcamp
- High School Diploma or GED
- Web browser with internet connection
- Course registration and payment
- Prior Experience in relevant field OR Bachelors Degree
Cost & Included Materials
- Self-Paced Online Program
- Surgical Technology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 8th Edition
- NCCT TS-C exam fee
- Mentorship from expert coaches
- NCCT TS-C Certification Exam Prep
- 6-month post-program access to career coaches
- For Tech in Surgery Certification (TS-C) by NCCT, they are required to complete 125 Surgical Cases in 24 months of passing the certification exam
We are committed to guiding you every step of the way including the completion of the clinical requirements. However, please note that the responsibility to complete these requirements lies with you. We recommend researching for job posts and state requirements to ensure a seamless transition into the workforce upon graduation.
What Will I Learn?
Our surgical technologist bootcamp combines self-paced online learning and on-the-job training to prepare you to land a job within weeks.
- Course 1: Introduction to Surgical Technology
- Course 2: Diagnostics, Infection Control, and Sterilization
- Course 3: Treating the Surgical Patient
- Course 4: Surgical Skills
- Course 5: Surgical Techniques and Considerations
- Course 6: Additional Surgical Techniques
- Course 7: Professional Skills
Download the syllabus to view all courses and requirements.
Preparing for the Surgical Technologist Certification Exam
Our online program and expert coaching prepares you for a nationally-recognised surgical technologist certification(TS-C) by NCCT.
Student Support Resources
1:1 Coaching, E-Books, Online platform, Procedure Videos, Skills Checklist, Practice Exams, Learning Kits, etc
Job Placement Resources
Resume building, Interview preparation, Professional profile building, LinkedIn Optimization, Employability Training, Soft Skills Development, etc.
Clinical and Externship Resources
Externship Guidance, Job Board Assistance, Employer Referrals, Potential Employer Communication Assets, etc.
Meet Your Surgical Technologist Instructor
Aleyda Hernandez is an esteemed Assistant Professor of Surgical Technology, bringing eight years of invaluable experience to her role. Specializing in orthopaedic surgery, she is a trusted preceptor for Surgical Technology students, guiding them towards excellence in their training. Aleyda's values are rooted in patient care, safety, and continuous learning, shaping her approach to education and operating room management. She holds an Associate of Science Degree in Surgical Technology, and beyond the surgical suite, she is deeply passionate about education and the transformative impact it can have on individuals and the healthcare industry.
Career Possibilities for Surgical Technologists
Surgical techs are in high demand, with job opportunities growing every day. Health Tech Academy’s bootcamp prepares you to work in hospitals, outpatient clinics, and a variety of other healthcare facilities.
Most surgical technologists work in hospitals. They are responsible for preparing the operating room and equipment, sterilizing surgical instruments, and assisting the surgical team during procedures. They may also be responsible for monitoring patient vitals, transporting patients to and from the operating room, and maintaining accurate records of the procedure.
Average Annual Salary: $49,940
Surgical technologists working in physicians' offices typically assist doctors and other medical professionals with minor surgical procedures. They may be responsible for preparing the operating room, sterilizing equipment, and assisting during the procedure. They may also help to maintain patient records and ensure that the office and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
Average Annual Salary: $61,250
Surgical technologists working in dental offices primarily assist dentists and oral surgeons during minor surgical procedures, such as tooth extractions and dental implant placement. Their responsibilities may include preparing the patient and operating room, sterilizing instruments, and providing support during the procedure.
Average Annual Salary: $40,540
Outpatient Care Centers
Surgical technologists working in outpatient care centers typically assist with a variety of minor surgical procedures, such as biopsies and endoscopies. They may be responsible for preparing the patient and operating room, sterilizing equipment, and assisting the surgical team during the procedure. They may also help to transport patients to and from the operating room and ensure that patient records are properly maintained.
Average Annual Salary: $48,570
Free Career Assessment
Is surgical tech the right career path for you? Take our free career assessment to determine which healthcare career path is the best fit for you.
*All salaries according to 2021 estimates released by U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
WHY CHOOSE HEALTH TECH ACADEMY?
Learn on your schedule
Job ready in 16 weeks
1:1 coaching and mentorship to help you succeed
Surgical Technologist Program Comparisons
|Program & Tuition Cost
|$2,000 to $10,000/year
|$8,000 to $19,000 per year
|Books, Materials & Fees
|+ $500 to $2,000
|+ $500 to $2,000
|Certification Exams & Fees
|+ $200 to $500
|+ $200 to $500
|Job Ready Timeline
|1 to 2 years
|6 months – 2 years
|1-on-1 Coaching & Mentorship
|Job Placement Assistance
|Clear Path to Certification
|No Travel Requirements