Become a Registered Dental Assistant in 16 Weeks
With our immersive online learning environment, you’ll be prepared with the professional and technical skills to work alongside dentists and dental hygienists providing care to patients in offices, orthodontic practices, and dental surgery centers. launch your career as a registered dental assistant.
- Update and maintain patient’s dental records
- Educate patients about oral care and procedures
- Schedule patient appointments
- Collect patient billing and insurance details
- Perform administrative tasks
ABOUT THE DENTAL ASSISTANT TRAINING PROGRAM
- High School Diploma or GED
- Web browser with internet connection
- Course registration and payment
Cost & Included Materials
- Instructor-led video-based training
- eBooks: Elsevier – Modern Dental Assisting, 13th Edition
- RDA exam fee
- Mentorship from expert coaches
- RDA Certification Exam Prep
- 6-month post-program access to career coaches
What Will I Learn?
Our program is divided into 11 digestible courses that easily fit into your schedule, empowering you to complete within weeks.
- Course 1: The Dental Assisting Profession
- Course 2: Sciences in Dentistry
- Course 3: Oral Health and Prevention of Dental Disease
- Course 4: Infection Prevention in Dentistry
- Course 5: Occupational Health and Safety
- Course 7: Foundation of Clinical Dentistry
- Course 8: Radiographic Imaging
- Course 9: Dental Materials
- Course 10: Assisting in Comprehensive Dental Care
- Course 11: Dental Administration and Communication Skills
Download the syllabus to view all courses and requirements.
Preparing for the Registered Dental Assistant Certification Exam
Successful completion of our online program and mentorship from our expert coaches prepares you the registered dental assistant (RDA) certification offered by American Medical Technologists (AMT).
Meet Your Dental Assistant Instructor
Joan began her dental career 24 years ago as a Registered Dental Assistant working in various fields. Joan started her career working in General Dentistry, moving on to the specialty of Pediatrics. Joan became enthusiastic about Dentistry and was inspired to further her career by becoming a Registered Dental Hygienist, graduating in 2009 from Western Wisconsin Technical college with a degree in Dental Hygiene of Applied Sciences. Joan is looking forward to using her expertise to help educate the future Dental Assistants with becoming a coach to the incoming class.
Career Prospects for Registered Dental Assistants
The majority of dental assistants work in an office setting. Whether it be a solo, group, or specialty practice, the demand for dental assistants is increasing and Health Tech Academy’s dental assistant bootcamp prepares you land a job in this growing industry.
Most dental assistants work in dental office, working closely with patients and dentists. Daily tasks for registered dental assistants may include keeping patient records, sterilizing dental instruments, processing x-rays, and instructed patients on proper oral hygiene.
Average Annual Salary: $42,460
Specialty practices include oral surgery, orthodontics (straightening teeth with braces), endodontics (root canal treatment), periodontics (gum treatment), prosthodontics (tooth replacement and implants), and pediatric dentistry. Dental assistants support these practices by performing administrative tasks, preparing dental instruments, and advising patients on oral hygiene. Additional training or certification may be necessary.
Average Annual Salary: 42,920
Free Career Assessment
Is dental assistant the right career path for you? Take our free career assessment to determine which healthcare career path is the best fit for you.
WHY CHOOSE HEALTH TECH ACADEMY?
Learn on your schedule
Job ready in 16 weeks
1:1 coaching and mentorship to help you succeed
Gain the knowledge and skills you need for a job in healthcare – and the confidence to transform your career.
Dental Assistant Training Program Comparisons
|Community College||Online Colleges|
|Program & Tuition Cost||$3,450||$3,000 to $15,000/year||$3,000 to $15,000/year|
|Books, Materials & Fees||Included||+ $500 to $2,200||+ $500 to $2,200|
|Certification Exams & Fees||Included||+ $125 to $450||+ $125 to $450|
|Job Ready Timeline||4-6 months||1 to 2 years||9 months to 2 years|
|1-on-1 Coaching & Mentorship|
|Job Placement Assistance|
|Clear Path to Certification|
|No Travel Requirements|