What does a Billing and Coding Specialist Do?
Medical billing and coding specialists are responsible for solving insurance billing problems. They’re a vital part of the healthcare team as billers, patient account representatives, and staff in medical offices and hospitals.
- Manually file claims
- Complete common insurance forms
- Tracking payments
- Streamline billing procedures
What You'll Learn in CBCS Certification Training
The goal of our bootcamp is to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to start your career as a certified medical billing and coding specialist.
- Manual Claims Filing (ICD-10 and CPT)
- Inpatient Coding
- Medical Terminology
- Electronic Patient Health Records
ABOUT THE MEDICAL BILLING & CODING BOOTCAMP
- High School Diploma or GED
- Web browser with internet connection
- Course registration and payment
Cost & Included Materials
- Online platform access for self-paced learning
- eBook: Elsevier - Health Insurance Today 7th Edition
- CBCS exam fee
- Mentorship from expert coaches
- CBCS Certification Exam Prep
- 1-year post-program access to career coaches
Our program consists of four self-paced units that easily fit into your schedule. Within weeks, you’ll be able to put your new knowledge and skills into practice.
- · · ·
- Course 1: Medical Terminology & Anatomy
- Course 2: Medical Records & Insurance
- Course 3: Claims Submission & Insurance Carriers Claims
- Course 4: Claims Management and Inpatient Billing
- Course 5: Introduction to Medical Coding
Preparing for the Medical Billing & Coding Certification Exam (CBCS)
After successful completion of our program, you’ll be qualified to apply for the nationally-recognized medical billing and coding certification (CBCS) through the National Healthcareer Association’s (NHA).
Meet Your Medical Billing & Coding Instructor
Nicole Howard has over 17 years of experience working in the Medical Billing and Coding field. After receiving her Diploma in Medical Insurance and Coding, Nicole became certified as a Billing and Coding Specialist and pursued career advancement by completing her Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration during that time she managed a billing department for a Federally Qualified Health Center for 7 years. Nicole is also a Certified Professional Coder that has been teaching and mentoring upcoming billers and coders since 2015. Nicole has encouraged many students to pursue a career in medical coding and trained them to successfully pass the CPC exam.
WHY CHOOSE HEALTH TECH ACADEMY?
Learn on your schedule
Job ready in 16 weeks
1:1 coaching and mentorship to help you succeed
Medical Billing & Coding Certification Comparisons
|Community College||Online Colleges|
|Program & Tuition Cost||$3,450||4,864 on average||$9,600+|
|Exam Fees, Books & Materials||Included||Additional $250-500|
|Certification Exams & Fees||Included||+ $100 to $150||+ $100 to $150|
|Job Ready In||3-4 months||1-2 years||1-2 years|
|Clear Path to Certification||Sometimes||Sometimes|
|1-on-1 Career Coaching|
|Travel Requirements||None||Required for in-person courses and labs||None|
|Content Delivery||All online||Varies||All online|